If you’re curious about vintage stoves, then you already know they have an allure. I restore other brands of stoves, too, but I make no bones about the fact that, as far as I’m concerned, everything takes a backseat to the Chambers stove – especially the Chambers Model C. Made between 1949 and 1957, once you use one, you’ll never want to use another stove. Here are a few reasons why:
They Really Don't Make Them Like This Anymore
Made in Indiana for decades, the Chambers stove may very well be unrivaled in its quality and design.
Advantages of a Chambers C
- Design. I call the Model C the ’57 Chevy of stoves – the chrome, the curves…. Nothing else has that look.
- Efficiency. The retained heat cooking means you use less gas while cooking. No modern stove is insulated so well
- Focused heat. You ever have the problem of flame shooting up the side of a pot? Not with a Chambers! The burners are designed to give you exactly the heat you want where you need it.
- Waist-level broiler with adjustable height. No more bending over and no more hoping you get the right heat.
- Built-in griddle. The top of the broiler doubles as a griddle (and between the two, your breakfast will never be the same again).
- Safety. Decades ahead of consumer safety concerns, Chambers put a thumb lock on every burner.
- Thermowell is a second small oven. Designed to always be a little warm, think of it as a slow cooker or extra baker. And yes, the rumors are true: it makes the best baked potatoes you will ever eat.
- Parts are readily available. These were so popular for so long, it’s not hard to find parts for them.
- Bang for your buck. In all seriousness, you need to spend at least $20,000 to buy a new stove that meets all the qualities a Chambers have. That’s not an exaggeration, that’s a fact.
- It’s the last stove you’ll ever need to buy. They’ve already lasted for decades. Once they’re restored, they’ll last for decades more.
- Conversation piece. Nothing looks like it. Nothing cooks like it. Any visitor to your home will want to know more – and it’s certain that your pride of ownership will keep you talking about it!